Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

BTI Graduation


The weekend before Christmas I had the chance to go back to Les Cayes to help with the graduation at BTI…or The Bishop Tharp Business and Technology Institute.

In an earlier post I wrote about what a great program BTI is and how it helps train students in job skills like business and computer sciences to help them get jobs. The last time I was there I got to listen in on a seminar about Entrepreneurship and particularly a discussion about ways to reuse water bottles. You can find used water bottles thrown everywhere. It was so exciting to hear these students think outside the box and come up with ways to support themselves, help their families and even grow and strengthen Haiti’s economy. So needless to say I was happy to help out with the graduation.

I also got to help with a kids Christmas party. BTI offers English classes to kids in Les Cayes and this was their holiday party. Santa even came and each kid got a present and I got to make the placemats!

Here are some pics from the Christmas Party and the Graduation.

































5 comments:

  1. Praying for you Mallory. I hope you're okay.
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a stranger with her faith that wants to pray for you. our prayers from all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MALLORY! This is your former piano teacher! Christie said she saw you on channel 5 and I was so upset that I missed it. Then I saw a piece on channel 7 with you and your Mom. You have certainly grown up and I'm proud of you. The short time you were in Haiti had to be life changing and God is pleased! Love, Mrs Watson

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mallory! This is your old piano teacher! I saw you on channel 7 and am so very proud of you! I see you graduated from college too. This experience in Haiti will be life changing for you! Mrs Watson

    ReplyDelete